ITM Power designs and manufactures hydrogen energy systems for energy storage and clean fuel production. ITM Power is an AIM-listed company incorporated, registered and operating in England with a staff of 65. We have a first class team of engineers and scientists, based at two facilities in Sheffield, UK.
Due to continued expansion, we now have a very exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s fastest growing hydrogen energy companies at a key stage in their evolution. If you want the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology with an organisation which is continually pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved, then read on.
Applications are invited to this very unique opportunity from candidates who meet the following essential criteria :-
- Degree Qualified (or equivalent)
- Chartered Accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Able to demonstrate a successful career including significant previous experience as a Chief Financial Officer or Finance Director
- Experience of, or able to demonstrate an in depth understanding of the role of a Company Secretary
- First class all round commercial skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Able to work as part of a Senior team in an organisation comprising of a very diverse multi-skilled team of specialists including engineers and scientists
- Experience of building and managing teams
- Experience of financial projection modelling of current and potential markets, including pricing points, margins, break evens, competitor analysis; on many occasions this will need to be done where very little or even no previous market information exists
- Practically minded, a solutions provider and not a problem highlighter
Preference will be given to any candidates who have experience of :-
- Operating in a listed company environment with a strong understanding of the implications of being in such an environment
- Being involved with grant funding, both in the capacity of undertaking applications for grant funding and for keeping abreast of what funding is actually available
- Operating in the renewable energy or clean fuel sector
To register interest in this position, please forward a CV as a MS Word document to Chris Carter, Head of Technical Recruitment at Nicholas Associates in Sheffield on chris.carter@nicholasassociates or firstname.lastname@example.org . Chris has worked very closely with ITM Power for around 6 years and is delighted to be their chosen recruitment partner again. Chris will be conducting first stage interviews in Sheffield during May 2014.
Any third party applications will be forwarded to Nicholas Associates and acceptance of any third party terms of Business is expressly denied.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing date: 30/5/14
ITM Power is a company that specializes in electrolysers, and hydrogen fuel cell products. An increased focus on large-scale containerised hydrogen generators has resulted in the requirement for an additional Automation and Controls engineer. In this exciting and fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will join a small in-house control systems group working under the Control Systems Co-ordinator, and will be responsible for the development and delivery of R&D automation solutions as well as control systems for mega-watt scale electrolysers.
This is a full time position based in Sheffield which involves designing and developing new PLC-based automation control solutions, as well as optimising existing automation technologies, for process plant equipment. The role will also involve reviewing customer requirements, creating functional design specifications and maintaining technical files. The successful candidate will need to rapidly develop a firm understanding of system design and safety concepts, and be able to debug, troubleshoot and offer general technical support for ITM electrolyser systems. This position will involve some work away from home for a few weeks per project, to be present onsite for commissioning activities.
Qualifications and experience: The candidate must be educated to degree standard in a related engineering or science discipline and have a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience in the design and programming of Siemens S7-300 and 1200 platforms. Work experience with functional safety (IEC 61511) and safety integrated systems such as safety PLC’s and safety relays would be desirable. Experience with other non-Siemens PLC hardware would be beneficial, but is not a requirement. The candidate must also have a good understanding of SCADA systems – particularly Siemens WinCC flexible/Advanced, and have experience in commissioning PLC-controlled machines and processes, including fault finding. The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas. A ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the manufacturing process is a must. A full UK driving licence would also be necessary.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to: Charlie Eden, ITM Power, Unit H Sheffield Airport Business Park, Europa Link, Sheffield, S9 1XU, or email to email@example.com.