Opening of five UK Hydrogen refuelling stations by year end
Record visitors to ITM Power at the best-ever attended Hannover Fair
ITM Power (AIM: ITM), the energy storage and clean fuel company, is pleased to announce a marketing and communications update, ahead of its roll-out of five hydrogen refuelling stations in the UK. The first station will be launched in collaboration with Toyota, Hyundai, Honda and Symbio FCell to raise market awareness of hydrogen fuel and the availability for lease and sale of fuel cell electric vehicles in the UK. In addition, it reports on a highly successful Hannover Messe, and forthcoming events in UK, Spain, France and USA.
Refuelling Station Commissioning & Openings
On 10 May, ITM Power will open its first London hydrogen refuelling station. It will be located at the National Physical Laboratory in Teddington close to the A316 and A308 trunk roads and be open to the public. This will be the first of three UK stations to be deployed within the HyFive project which is part funded by the European Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU) and the UK’s Office for Low Emission vehicles (OLEV). Commissioning teams from ITM Power and Linde have been working closely together over the last few weeks, the station having recently completed its first 700 bar test refuels. This close cooperation will continue as the Company moves on to commission and open a further four electrolyser based refuelling stations in and around London before the end of 2016.
At the same event, Symbio FCell will launch the first of their 700 bar hydrogen fuel cell range extender Kangoo vans. This exciting development sees the introduction of ultra – low emission commercial vans that can operate up to a range of 275 miles. This addresses the critical need for clean emission deliveries and logistics services undertaking operations within London’s Low Emission Zone. Together with its partners, ITM Power will offer the integrated package of zero emission commercial vehicles, on-site fuel and after-sales support for UK commercial fleet operators.
The second HyFive station will be located at the Centre of Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence situated on the A13 in Rainham, close to both Canary Wharf and the M25. The third HyFive station will be located on a Shell forecourt, the site having already received planning permission. Both stations will be open to the public in summer 2016.
A further two hydrogen refuelling stations will be opened in 2016 under a different scheme, Hydrogen Mobility Europe (H2ME) which is also part funded by the FCH JU and OLEV. Planning permission for two prospective H2ME sites has already been granted. To date ITM Power has had 16 UK hydrogen refuelling station planning applications approved from 10 different local authorities.
Hannover Messe from 25 to 29 April 2016
This year’s Hannover Messe attracted a record attendance of over 190,000 visitors including some 5,000 from the USA and 6,000 visitors coming from China. U.S. President Obama had three ministers in his delegation. Five of the most important EU Commissioners were at the event, including Vice-President of Energy, Maros Sefcovic, who visited ITM Power’s stand and met with Dr Cooley to discuss Power-to-Gas, Energy Storage in Europe.
This year the Company exhibited a complete 0.3MW HGas180 electrolyser system and a 1.5 MW stack module. The stand attracted the highest level of interest in the Company’s 6th year of attendance, resulting in a large number of expressions of interest which the Company will follow up and convert into quotations. In particular, ITM Power’s MW scale Power-to-Gas products attracted a significantly higher level of interest. ITM Power also gave a number of presentations, had displays in the Integrated Energy Plaza and in the Research and Technology hall, directing visitors to the Company’s main stand.
Having been nominated for the prestigious Hermes Award, often referred to as the “Oscars of Industry” in Germany, the Company’s HGas product was placed in the top five. This was recognized at the opening ceremony that was attended by U.S. President Obama and German Chancellor Merkel, and the Company was awarded with a certificate by the German Federal Minister for Education and Research, Dr Johanna Wanka on the first day of the exhibition.
Other Important Exhibitions
ITM Power will be continuing its marketing programme by participation at the following key events:
• Exhibiting and presenting at the World Hydrogen Energy Conference in Zaragoza, Spain from June 13 – 16
• Exhibiting and presenting at All-Energy, in Glasgow from May 4 – 5
• Attend the Spring Summit at ACT Expo in Long Beach CA May 2 – 5
• Presenting at The Annual General Meeting of the Hessen Agentur’s H2&FC Initiative (attending as an active board member)
• Presenting atthe dena-Strategieplattform Power to Gas Workshop, Berlin in May
• Presenting at “Rethink Methane” in Sacramento and “Large scale energy storage towards the 100% renewable mandate” in Hawaii. June 29-30
• Presenting at “Hydrogen in territories” in Grenoble June 29 – 30
• Presenting at DLR Lampoldshausen (German Aerospace Centre) in Baden Württemberg on July 7
This builds on recent activity in the USA, Germany and France:
• Attendance at the Annual Energy Storage Association Conference, the California Energy Commission workshop “Light Duty Vehicle Hydrogen Refuelling Infrastructure” in Sacramento
• Attendance at the Energy Lunch in Jefferson County WA April 21
• Attendance the “Hydrogen Energy in Texas Summit” held on Earth Day in Dallas Texas
• Presenting “Commissioning and Operational Experience of ITM’s German P2G plants” to closed workshop of several German Stadtwerke at Gütersloh, North Rhine Westphalia
• Exhibited at The 5th World of Energy Storage conference and trade fair – Düsseldorf
• Presentation at 16th Global energy village 2016, in Salzburg, Austria
• Presented at the Hyvolution exhibition and conference in Paris
ITM Power CEO, Dr. Graham Cooley, said: “The opening of five public access hydrogen refuelling stations in London before the end of 2016 is a big task. It represents the culmination of several years of diligent work and allows the Company to demonstrate its ability to deliver large and complex projects. Combined with our well targeted marketing and rapidly developing sales pipeline, I believe the Company is in a very exciting stage of growth and I look forward to updating the market on further developments as appropriate.”